Thursday, July 10, 2014

BookTubeAThon 2014

Hey guys, you may or may not know what BookTubeAThon is, so I'll tell you. There's actually this big community of  "booktubers" on YouTube. One of them, Ariel Bissett, created this week-long reading marathon where you read as much as you can. This year, I wanted to try to participate in it. I know I don't make videos, but I thought this would be fun. If you're intrigued, go check out the BookTubeAThon YouTube channel here.
There are a series of challenges about what you read, and video challenges. You can find the video for that on the BookTubeAThon channel here & I'll also list them below.
The Reading Challenges:
A book with pictures.
Start and finish a series.
A book with red on the cover.
A book someone else picks out for you.
A book from the genre you've read the least this year.
A book to movie adaptation
Read seven books.
The Video Challenges:
Day One: Show your top 3 book you read because of booktube.
Day Two: Find the items on three covers.
Day Three: Draw a better cover for any book.
Day Four: Write a story using all the words from three titles.
Day Five: Make a rainbow of you favorite books.
Day Six: Find 5 things from one of the books you've read this week.
Day Seven: Show us where you've read during the booktubeathon!
These are copy-pasted from the video description, so they are the exact same as in the video. 
I was actually thinking about making the video updates and doing the video challenges, because I think it'd be fun. So I'll probably post those here or on YouTube and link them" to here. I'm really excited for this, and before I end this post, I wanted to tell you my TBR list for BookTubeAThon.
1. Rebel Belle By Rachel Hawkins- it should be coming in the mail tomorrow. 
2.  "Who Could That Be at This Hour" by Lemony Snicket- I loved Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, so I wanted to read this book. This book completes the book with pictures challenge, because it has some picture illustrations. It also completes the genre you've read the least challenge, because this year, I haven't read any "middle grade"/children's books. I know that's cheating because it's a really vague genre, but I'm going with it.
3. The Secret to Lying by Todd Mitchell- This was recommended to me, so it completes the book someone else picks for you challenge.
4.The Legend Trilogy : Legend, Prodigy, Champion by Marie Lu- I've wanted to read these for a while, and they complete the start and finish a series challenge. Champion, book #3 has red on the cover, so that completes the book with red on the cover challenge.
5. The Host by Stephanie Meyer- This book is freaking gigantic, but it was the only book-movie adaptation that I could think of that I haven't read already. I'll need like 3 days to finish this itself, but I'll go with it.
And that completes the 7th challenge which is to read 7 books. I hope I can get to all these books in a week, so *fingers crossed*.
BookTubeAthon starts midnight on Monday, July 14 and ends at Midnight on Monday, July 21. I urge you to participate, because reading is cool. So, I'll post updates throughout the next week, and I'll talk to you in the next post.
-Swathi

No comments:

Post a Comment