Monday, July 7, 2014

Deity: Covenant #3 By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity is book #3 in the Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and if you haven't read Half Blood, which is book one, you can go check out my review for that here. See if it is something you'll be interested in, and then pick it up. This series is definitely a must read, and you shouldn't miss out on it. J.L.A. is such an awesome writer, and it's like her books are drugs, and your the addict. So, if you haven't read it, I guess this is good bye for now. Go read it, and then we'll talk about it. 
So, if you're still reading, you've probably read the book. Or you for some reason like spoilers. But let's DISCUSS.
Okay, I've been thinking about it a lot. And I mean A LOT. And what I concluded is, Team Seth for the win. I know! I sound pretty damn cray right now, especially when Seth went all Evil Seth on us, but Seth was there for her when she needed him, and Alex is stringing him along, and I just feel so bad for him, ya know? That said, Seth was a total jerk-face liar in this book. I don't know, I'm wondering when things started turning for the worst with him, because he sounded like arrogant-but-sweet Seth in the beginning. I think it started when he was getting ready to go to NY to "deal with the servants". Lucian is evil, and there's a parking spot in hell reserved just for him. I keep wondering, if Seth turned up, instead of Aiden to save her from the daimons. If Lucian ordered him to be his guard earlier, and he was sent to save Alex, because Lucian already knew. I don't know. I keep wondering that if it had played out differently, Seth would be good. I like him, I really do, and I ship Salex, but it didn't work out, and that makes me sad. 
Alex's father is alive. That was such a plot twist, I mean, I kind of overlooked it in Pure, when she was saying that the servant looked familiar, but now it seems so obvious. And honestly, it would have been better if he was dead, rather than the servitude. It just goes to show how unfair the motherflipping Breed Order is. And Kelia, (from Pure) is now in the same place, just because she too, like Alex's father, loved a Pure.  But the funny thing is, that now we know that a male Half and a female Pure can make an Apollyon, and it wouldn't have worked if it were Kelia and Hector, nor would it work if it were Alex and Aiden- or maybe- because she's already the Apollyon and stuff, so I don't know about them, but Kelia and Hector wouldn't have created an Apollyon. 
Now, lets talk about Aiden and Alex. I've said I ship Seth and Alex, but well, Aiden is-well-Aiden. He does annoy me though, when he says Alex is settling for Seth, I mean, what does he expect her to do? He told her he doesn't love her- whether he means it or not- and is she supposed to be wanting something she can't have for the rest of her life? But well, he finally tells her he loves her. But I still can't decide. I'm team Seth, but I somehow feel obligated to ship Aiden and Alex, because it actually worked out. I really can't decide. I used to think I was team Aiden, but now I feel like Seth deserved better. Why do people always want what they can't have. She has Seth, (okay she has Aiden too, but it's against the laws) and Seth likes her, and cares for her. She could have stopped this whole ordeal if she had loved Seth (I know love doesn't work that way, but still)- he wouldn't have fell for the lies Lucian fed him. I mean, to him, Lucian was offering him everything he'd wanted. Love and approval. Things he never got from his own mother. But NOOOOO, she has to want Aiden.  I don't know. #TeamSeth
But let's get serious for half a minute here, and talk about how she actually DIED. Linard stabbed her, and she DIED. And Apollo got her back. But she got to see Caleb, and she really needed that I think. It was crazy, and unexpected. 
Now, let's talk about how Leon is Apollo. GAH THAT WAS SO FUNNY! Because I recall, that there were several times where Alex insulted Apollo in front of Leon, and she called him an Apollo fanboy. 
And let's also talk about the MHT tree. Okay, there isn't much to say about the MHT tree, but let's talk about the things that happened in the house where the MHT tree is housed. Like I said, Team Seth all the way, but that was....ya. No words to explain. I love how in all the non-contemporary series, there aren't actual dates. There's just making out and stuff. I mean think about it, did Tris and Four ever go on a date? NOPE. How about Peeta and Katniss? NOPE. And what about Clary and Jace? Not even once. See what I mean? But ya, Chapter 21 and 22. That's all it took before they professed their mutual love for each other and how they WOULD make it work, and those 3 words became their mantra. And is it just me who realized that it's illegal? Because at the time, she was 17, and he was 21. She was still a child. I'm sorry if I sound really bitter about this, but like I said, Team Seth. 
When Seth fried Telly's brain at the end- God knows he deserves it, but that was so scary. I never would have thought Seth would do that and think he was helping Alex. 
The parts nearing the end, where the Council met, and Seth was just killing and Alex was mortified- Seth hesitated and that's a good thing, because it means that there is still some good left in him- but god, I was just as mortified as Alex was. But I never thought Seth would do that. Any of it. 
The book ends with Alex Awakening, and it's so cliffhangery. I mean, it felt like withdrawal when I was finished. 
So, tell me what you think about the book, did you like it? love it? Team Seth or Team Aiden? Tell me in the comments, and I'll talk to you next time. 
-Swathi 

No comments:

Post a Comment