Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm in Slytherin!

Remember when Pottermore first came out? I think it was in 2011. At the time, I was totally on top of it, and when they said that they were giving early access to some people, I jumped into the challenge. And I was granted the access, and the first thing that I did was get sorted into a house. Now, I was a very naive 10 year old when this happened. I was in 6th grade, and I was 10. Oh, and I kind of wasn't allowed to have an account by the website's rules, because I wasn't 13. ANYWAY, I answered the answers that I thought would get me into Gryffindor, because that was the house that most people wanted to be in- for obvious reasons. But basically, I cheated the system to get into Gryffindor. But time passed, and I got very behind on the updates, and the details regarding my account slipped away. Meaning I don't use the email account I used to make my Pottermore account, and I didn't remember my password. So, today, I found the courage to go back, and answer honestly, and I put thought into my answers. I got placed in Slytherin, and I can kind of see why. I'm not all that brave or bold. I don't hold myself as a confident Gryffindor should. I want to succeed, and Slytherins are ambitious. So that's right. And the introduction to Slytherin letter said that Slytherin is like your clique that's always there for you, and you get respect and I can really get on board with that. And Merlin was a Slytherin. Yes, Merlin. So is it a bad thing? I think not. But now Pottermore's a lot more than it was back in 2011, and they have audios of chapters, and Daily Prophets, and there's a lot more to it. When it first started it wasn't much, but now it's so much cooler. And I love Harry Potter. So it has brought me some peace to know which house I truly belong in. Besides, Gryffindors are just wannabe Slytherins. 
What house are you in? Tell me in the comments, and I'll talk to you next time. 
-Swathi

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Slytherin too! I was surprised when that's what I was sorted as, but book-version Slytherins aren't portrayed very well as a whole, even though there are awesome ones like Snape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty surprised too. But Slytherin isn't bad- it's for the ambitious. Those who want to make a mark on the world. That's good. Isn't it?

      Delete