Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Social Media Book Tag

So, I saw that a couple of booktubers did this tag, and I thought it would be fun to do. Basically,  it's a list of mainstreem social media, and you have to choose the book equivalent of it- kind of. You'll get the hang of it. 

Let's Begin!

Twitter: Your favorite shortest book.
This was really hard for me to find, because the shortest books that I read, are novellas, and I don't
really think that those count. And, I don't really pay attention to pages in a book, because most of my books are e-books. And third of all, most of the books I read are 300+ pages at least. My answer to this question might not count-I don't know- maybe I'm cheating, but I'g going to say The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling.  Please tell me that you know what that is. If you don't-GO EDUCATE YOURSELF- and then comeback. ANYWAY, it's 106 pages, which is pretty short. Basically its a compilation of 5 short stories. They're kind of like the Grimm's Fairy Tales of the wizarding world. And I'm a huge Harry Potter geek, so ya. I mean, my phone case is the Marauder's Map. My most prized jewelry is a Harry Potter bracelet that I bought on etsy, which you can see here. It's pretty awesome. Like really awesome. So that's why I chose The Tales of Beedle the Bard for this question. 
Facebook: A book everyone pressured you into reading.
The Hunger Games. Around the movie time everyone was reading it. I mean, no one "pressured me" to read it, because like I've said, I don't have too many friends that are into books, but it was kind of an indirect pressure-you know what I mean? I was like 11 when the movie came out, and I being the stupid 11 year old I was, watched the movie before reading the book. And because of that, the only Katniss I've ever known is Jennifer Lawrence, and the only Peeta and Gale I've ever known are Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, and that kind of ruined it for me, because I wasn't able to imagine them as they were written.  But that's the book I was "pressured" into reading. 
Tumblr: A book you read before it was cool.

Easy, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. You probably know about it,
unless you've been living under a rock for the past 2 years. I read it last summer I think, and that was before all the movie hype. I liked it, and went on to read the rest of John Green's books, and liked them too. BUT NOW, every Tom, Dick, and Harry (lol, I just used that phrase) has read it, and they're all John Green fans, because it's the cool fan to be. It's kind of annoying, because you know when something was your thing, and now it's everyone's thing? I don't know, that annoys me. 
Myspace: A book you don't remember whether you liked or not.

This one was also hard, because if I don't remember if I liked a book, I probably don't remember reading it. But, I'm going to go with the Percy Jackson series. I was like 9 when I read the first book, and I thought I didn't like it. I probably felt that way because I was forced to read them. But looking back, I'm not a 100% sure, because I remember enjoying it. I'm not sure. 
Instagram: A book that was so beautiful that you and to instagram it.

Well, I'm really lame about instagramming, and as ashamed as I am to admit it, I've never instagrammed a picture of a book. I have however, instagrammed pictures of the Tarot Cards designed by Cassandra Jean for all the Shadowhunter characters from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, The Dark Artifices (to be released) and The Last Hours (also to be released). I didn't instagram an actual card. It's some scene's from the book-I'll just insert the picture  here. They're scenes from City of Heavenly Fire, the last book in The Mortal Instruments. 
Youtube: A book you wish would be turned into a movie.

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. It's such an amazing dystopian book trilogy. It's centered around kids, and that is kind of different. I mean, it's a teen book, but its like kids vs. adults. Because all adults are manipulative. And it involves a lot of awesome badass, kickass, and likable characters. To see it in film would be a dream come true. 
Goodreads: A book you recommend to everyone.

I'm going to go with Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. It's really funny, and the characters can be annoying, but isn't that reality? It's quirky, and funny, and a really quick and enjoyable. contemporary read. 
So, I guess that's it for this tag. I hope you enjoyed it. I tag all of you. Tell me your answers in the comments. I'll talk to you next time.
-Swathi

No comments:

Post a Comment