Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday: Characters I'd Want With Me on a Deserted Island

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly feature by The Broke and the Bookish. I just thought this topic would be fun to do, and so I'm doing it.
These are my Top 10 Characters I'd Want With Me on a Deserted Island. In this order:


1. Harry Potter- Harry Potter- JK Rowling- He's Harry freaking Potter, off course I want him on the deserted island.
2. Hermione Granger- Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling- Let's start with the fact that
she's a genius. There isn't anything she can't do, and she's awesome. And, she and Harry can apparate me off the island, so I want her there.
I couldn't choose between Harry and Hermione. I felt like I'd be betraying one of them if I doubted them over the other. I'm guilt-stricken enough already that Ron isn't on this list, and I feel bad. But how many people can I bring with me from Harry Potter? Two's already pushing the limit, and 3 would be too much. Right? I don't know.
3. Magnus Bane- The Mortal Instruments/ The Infernal Devices- Cassandra Clare- He's a warlock, so he could probably get me off the island anyway by making a portal.

4. Isabelle Lightwood- The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare- she's one of the most badass females in all of books, and even though she's not really a main "main character" she's so beautiful, and awesome, and second only to Jace. She'd be able to kill any demons on the island, so we'd all be safe with her on the island.
5. Katniss Everdeen- Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins- She was in the Hunger Games TWICE. She knows survival
like the back of her hand, and though this island may not have danger dropped into it, as in the Hunger Games, Katniss has the skills to keep herself as well as me and my entourage of fictional characters safe for the duration of our time on the island.
6. Ruby-Darkest Minds- Alexandra Bracken- She's had her share of having to survive with few resources. She's also had her share of doing what she has to do to stay alive, and make decisions that she really doesn't want to make, and those skills will come in handy on the deserted island.
7. Lena-Delirium- Lauren Oliver- Lena lived in the Wilds, wher
e they had to ration food, and couldn't settle in one place for too long. They were on the run, and this made Lena resourceful in survival.
8. Alexandria Andros-Covenant Series- Jennifer L. Armentrout- Alex has always been one of my favorite characters, because of her reckless need to keep others safe. She's really likable, and brave, and independent. And she's the Apollyon, so she could use the elements if there was ever any danger.
9. Luna Lovegood- Harry Potter- JK Rowling- Damn, now I'm really feeling like I've betrayed Ron, because Luna's the third person from Harry Potter that I'm choosing, and "3's too many" was the reason I didn't choose to have Ron on the island. But I like how Luna's so quirky, and smart. She's a great friend, and a great wizard, and she'd be great company on the island.
10.Adrian Ivashkov- Vampire Academy/Bloodlines- Richelle Mead- He'd make great company, and if I'm stranded on an island indefinitely, Adrian would be amusing and companiony and I like him. And he's hot, so that's an added bonus.


Well, that's my Top 10 Characters I'd Want With Me on a Deserted Island. I tried to get pictures where I could, but some of the characters are pictureless. I had a lot of fun doing this, and I'll talk to you next time.
-Swathi

1 comment:

  1. Haha, brilliant list. I love your HP guilt over Ron. I almost did a list that was just HP characters. In the end I managed to just stick to the trio - Ron, Hermione and Harry. Katniss made my list too, she'd just be perfect in that situation. I would definitely have her on hunting duty. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete