Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Authors Who Adorn My Bookshelf

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top 10 authors I own the most from. As a book blogger, it pains me to admit that I don't own that many books. I am ashamed of this, but it's the truth. I borrow books and use the library, so my book shelf is scantily filled. But, these are the Top 10 Authors I Own the Most From.
1. Agatha Christie- My parents own like 50 Agatha Christie books. I'm serious. E-books, real books, plays, novels- we have a lot. And I've actually read some Agatha Christie. I read And Then There Were None- the play and the short story; and I read 10 Little Indians. I've actually watched a handful of Agatha Christie movies/plays, so I'm kind of familiar with some of it.
2. Franklin W. Dixon- Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name of all the ghost writers who wrote the Hardy Boys series. I own 26 of those books. I haven't read any of them, but I own them. They were my brother's when he was younger.
3. J.K. Rowling- I own TWO sets of the Harry Potter series + a copy of the UK version first book, and I own the Hogwarts library books (The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch Through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) Technically that's 10; with the second set of Harry Potter books, it's 18.
4. Sara Shepard- I own 11 of the Pretty Little Liars books and 1 of the Lying Game books. I'm not into either of those series anymore, because there are just too many books, but I own a lot of them.
5. Lemony Snicket- I own The 3,5,6,7,8, and 13th of the Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snicket: An Unauthorized Biography, and I own the 1st book in the All the Wrong Questions series. So 7 books.
6. Rick Riordan- I own the Percy Jackson books- so 5 books.
7. Cassandra Clare- I own the Infernal Devices books and the Shadowhunter Codex- so 4 books.
8. Veronica Roth- I own the Divergent books- 3 books.
9. Suzanne Collins- I own the Hunger Games books- 3 books.
10. Katie Alender- I own the Bad Girls Don't Die trilogy- 3 books.

So those are the 10 authors that I own the most of. I know that #1&#2 are kind of cheatery, but IMMA ROLL WITH IT.  I guess that's all for this post, and I'll talk to you next time.
-Swathi

3 comments:

  1. It looks like we do have some authors on both of our lists! I've read a few Agatha Christie books and loved them- what are your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked 10 Little Indians and Three Blind Mice. :)

      Delete
  2. We have a lot of authors in common, I have read all the Pretty Little Liars books! :D
    my top ten tuesday: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-ua

    ReplyDelete