Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination!


First of all, I want to apologize for not posting for so long, school started, and I'm really busy with homework and stuff, but I am going to get some reviews up soon, because I've actually joined my first book tours, and I'm really excited for that. But, I recently got nominated for the Liebster Award by Morrighan Rose  from Elysian Fields, and I was so stoked when I saw that she'd nominated me, because I've only been blogging for a couple of months now, and so I'd like to give one BIG thank you to Morrighan. Her blog's really great, and I suggest you go follow her. What this is, is a blog hop type of thing, and bloggers give the award to other bloggers, and so on and so forth. Basically, it's supposed to help you gain more followers.
The Rules are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 11 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.

These are the questions that I was asked:
1. What is your favorite genre of book to read and your favorite book from that genre?
Damn..I only get to choose one favorite? That's really difficult, but I'm going to go with Young Adult Fantasy, and ummm....Harry Potter series and The Infernal Devices series. I cheated, I know, but I couldn't not include Harry Potter. 
2. If you could live in any world from a book, which would it be and why?
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter- duh- do I even have to explain? But I love Harry Potter. I'm the hugest Harry Potter geek. 
3. Who is your favorite fictional character of the same sex? Does this character remind you of yourself, or someone you would like to be?
I think Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood- Once again, I'm a cheater, but I love how Hermione and Luna are independent, and strong, and smart, and inquisitive, and there's more to their story than a boyfriend. I love that though, I love cuteness and all, but Hermione and Luna are independent women. They run the world. 
4. Who is your favorite fictional character of the opposite sex? Why? (:
Oooohhhh. Now, I'm  going to feel like the biggest geek for saying this, but um...Harry Potter. I love a lot of male characters, but my ultimate number one favorite is Harry Potter. I mean, he was the first book crush I had, and Harry's great. I also liked Neville, and I think that he could have been developed more than he was. And Draco in the 6th book- I felt so bad for him. And we're Slytherin buddies, so yeah. I'm a humongous nerd. 
5. Tell me the most random fact about you. 
I love strawberries. 
6. When did you start your blog, and why?
I started my blog at the end of June this year, because I really liked reading, and I didn't have that many friends who liked reading as much as I did, so I decided to start a blog for books. 
7. If an alien invasion started tomorrow and you had to hide in a bomb shelter, name three things you would bring with you. 
My phone, my Nexus 7 Tablet (It's got my ebooks on it), and a blanket.I don't know why I'd want a blanket, but I just do. 
8. How many books do you own? (Physical and e-books included)
I'm going to say I own about 200 books in all. Physical and ebooks included. 
9. If you could pick one supernatural trait to have, what would it be?
Mind reading. Or maybe I'd want to be a wizard. But that isn't a trait is it? Then definitely mind reading. 
10. What is your all-time favorite book or series? 
By now, this is probably obvious, but HARRY POTTER. I used to hate reading until I started reading the Harry Potter books when I was seven years old. Harry Potter was an opening of doors of sorts for me, so I'll always love it. 
11. What book are you most anticipating reading, whether it not be released yet, or you just haven't gotten around to it?
Hmmmmm....In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken, Opposition by J.L. Armentrout (this is out, but I haven't gotten to it yet), The Retribution of Mara Dyer, The Bane Chronicles, and countless others. 

11 Random Facts:
-I'm December born.
-I'm vegetarian, and I am absolutely NOT missing out on ANYTHING by not eating meat, and I hate when people say that, because they have said that before, and it really pisses me off
- My favorite color is purple
-I like spicy food, but I also have a HUGE sweet tooth. It's a weird combination, I know.
-Chocolate is my bae. I can't believe I just used the word "bae" in a sentence.
- I like a lot of pop music, and if you don't- well, don't hate on me or my taste. 
- My favorite season is winter
- I detest the sun
- I'm a Cali girl
- I have really long, beachy, wavy hair, and I refuse to cut it. 
- I like reading at night more than during the day. 

My Questions:
1. Book boyfriend?
2. Book girlfriend?
I don't care what sex you are, you have to answer BOTH questions. 
3. Pottermore House- or which house do you think you belong in? I'm sorry, but I need to know if we can be friends. I mean, me, and those Gryffindors don't really get along, because they're just plain reckless and arrogant.  And those Hufflepuffs are so jolly, and I hate spirit rallies, so we probably wouldn't be friends. I could probably dig some Ravenclaw though, given that I'm always reading a book, but ultimately, I prefer Slytherins- they're more-you know- determined and ambitious, so yeah. 
I'M KIDDING! I'll be your friend no matter what house you're in. I'm just curious. 
4. Favorite book-movie adaptation?
5. Favorite fictional food?
6. Preference of book format- E-books vs. Paperback vs. Hardcover? 
7. What fictional character would you want as your roommate?
8. Genre that makes you uncomfortable to read/you just don't like it?
9. Favorite book cover? There are a lot of suckish book covers for good books- but what are some of your favorite book covers?
10. Favorite snack food?
11. Favorite fruit/vegetable?

Nominees:
1. Andie from Metaphorical Musings
2. Michelle from Michelle's Minions
3.  Diane from Diane's Book Blog
4. Georgia from TeenBookHoots
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.

Well, that's about it for this post. Reviews are coming up, and one more BIG shout out to Morrighan for nominating me. Happy Wednesday, and I'll talk to you next time.
-Swathi

3 comments:

  1. haha You're a Cali girl AND hate the sun? :D I actually detest the sun as well.. my pale Irish skin and eyes burn from the fire of the rays.. ok, I'm being dramatic, but seriously, I totally agree with you! BTW.. Opposition by J. Armentrout was ahhhhmazing, so definitely get to it! You're welcome for the nomination, and please stay in touch. Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun burns!!! I am so excited for Opposition, but I haven't gotten my hands on a copy yet, but I can't wait to read it. I've been having to hide from JLA on facebook, because she posts quotes and things, and I don't want to be spoiled. But I'm so excited.

      Delete
  2. Swathi, Thank you for nominating me! Loved your questions. Here is my post: http://metaphoricalmusings.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award-liebster-award-20.html

    ReplyDelete