Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday: Books I'm I Haven't Picked Up for Various Reasons


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's topic is "boo I'm not sure I want to read for various reasons", but you probably already know that. But I wanted to kind of switch it around, and make it books that I want to read, but haven't actually picked up, for whatever reasons. But without further adieu, I give you : 10 Books that I haven't picked up for various reasons.
1. The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan- I read the Percy Jackson books when I was younger, and I liked it. I didn't really love it, but it was okay. But I've heard great things about The Heroes of Olympus, but I'm not sure about them.
2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner- I've heard mostly good things,
but I just can't get myself to pick it up. I don't know.
3. The Host by Stephanie Meyer- This book is so overwhelmingly big. It's massive, and I don't have anything against big books, I mean I love them, but this book has always seemed too big, for whatever reason. I mean, it's shorter than some Harry Potter/Mortal Instruments/ETC books, but it just seems so out of my book league. Plus, aliens are
confusing to me. They're scary. Other than the Lux series, I haven't read any other alien books.
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- The cover of this book is really intimidating, so even though I want to read it, I haven't. It's a stupid reason to not read a book, but, ashamed as I am to admit it, that is the reason why I haven't gotten myself to pick it up yet. Hopefully, I'll get over this idiotic aversion to the cover, and read it soon.
5. Matched by Ally Condie- This book is so widely known throughout the book-blogging community, and I feel like it's my duty to read it. But between the mixed things I've heard about it, and the way the premise sounds very much like the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver-which I lover, I haven't picked it up. I'll probably eventually get to it, since it's just three books.
6. Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender- When I was 9,10,
and 11, the Bad Girls Don't Die books came out, and those were what kind of eased me into the world of YA books. I really enjoyed them, they were fun, cute, scary, and kept you on edge. So, when I saw that Katie Alender had another book coming out, I was excited. Then I saw the title and cover. It sounds shallow, I know, and the "don't judge a book by its cover", and all that, but between the cover, title, and the mixed/mediocre reviews I've seen- I haven't picked it up.
7. The Selection by Kiera Cass- This, like Matched, is something I feel required to have read, because so many book bloggers have read it, and I feel like I'm not on the same page because I haven't read it. And I'm not exactly sure why it is that I haven't read it- I guess since there's just so much good dystopia, you just have to choose which to read wisely- it does get repetitive, and it wouldn't do justice to most of these when you just compare them to each other.
8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- More with the "require to read-most
bloggers read- blah blah blah". I also feel like the idea that I will enjoy this will make me will myself into enjoying it. That's the thing about the more famous, mainstream books. You hear great things, so it's almost like you will yourself into liking them. I'm kind of tired of doing that, so I'm not making time for this book.
9.Any Gayle Forman Book- I've never read anything by Gayle Forman, and I want to. I've heard amazing things, but there's something about reading an author for the first time. It's hard to do it. It's like treading unfamiliar ground, and you don't know what to expect, not really, because you haven't actually read anything for yourself- you only know what you've been told.
10. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- I've been meaning to read this one for a while
now, but I haven't been in the mood lately for a contemporary book, so I haven't gotten to it yet. I do want to read Lola and the Boy Next Door, which is the sequel/companion to this book, because it takes place in San Francisco, and I'm from SF, and books that take place there make me happy. But I don't know, these two are on my TBR, but at the moment, I'm not really in the mood for them.
Well, that's this weeks Top 10 Tuesday. Feel free to link up your TTT in the comments, and I'll talk to you next time.
-Swathi

1 comment:

  1. I switched it up a bit, too. Made it a bit more positive.

    I hesitated on The Selection series, too, but it's now one of my favorite series. It's wonderful. I read them all back to back and cried when it was over. I read The Maze Runner before it came out. I got an ARC at the Book Expo and it had no cover, just black with the words maze Runner on the front an no synopsis. I went in completely blind and was blown away. It's definitely worth reading. The movie looks great, too. I loved Matched, and If I Stay is one of my favorite books. I wasn't as enamored with Shatter Me as everyone else seemed to be. I read it, but haven't read the sequels. The Host was beautiful. It starts a little slow because the world is being set up, but after about 80 pages you won't want to put it down. Don't let the aliens scare you off, it's more about the people and what it really means to be human.

    Michelle from Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete